About Korean Community Center of the East Bay
Since 1977, Korean Community Center of the East Bay (KCCEB) has been uniquely positioned to serve the Asian community in the Bay Area. After the 1965 Immigration Act which allowed for an influx of immigrants from Asia, KCCEB was one of five Bay Area organizations developed in the 1970s to support the resettlement and community health of Asian immigrants and refugees. KCCEB has evolved into a unique entry point for Korean and other immigrant children, youth, adults and families who have nowhere else to turn to for their essential support, including health access, social and legal counseling and case management, mental health, tobacco cessation education and support for survivors of IPV.
KCCEB is currently comprised of three divisions namely the Immigration Integration Program, the Community Health Access program and the Community Wellness Program. The Immigration Integration Program creates access to legally authorized no to low cost immigration services that are needed for immigrants to transition into American life and become engaged members of society. The Community Health Access Program creates access to affordable health care and social services including healthcare enrollment and literacy education, social service support, case management and health promotion to seniors, a Korean language information and referral service and community capacity building through the development of health advocates. The Community Wellness Program addresses the mental health and substance use prevention needs of Asians in North Alameda County. The program raises mental health awareness, reduces mental health stigma with an attention to cultural affinities and values of monolingual low-income East Asians (e.g., Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Mongolian), as well as offering tobacco intervention programs.
The Navigation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the BAKI (Bay Area Korean Infoline) Phone Line:
BAKI Phone Line:
- Ensure BAKI line calls are answered during assigned time;
- Answer, assess calls to determine service eligibility for in-house services and provide follow-
- ups for all calls;
- Provide referral and/or resource for those who do not require or who cannot be
- accommodated by in-house services;
- Maintain up-to-date outgoing messages and troubleshoot phone-related issues;
- Represent organization to callers in a friendly, professional manner;
- Record all calls in database daily;
Update and maintain community resources (i.e. legal, housing, local social services, mental
health, etc.) to remain current regarding information and services available to address
Ensure client level data be entered into SalesForce.
COVID-19 Rapid Response support:
- Assist with volunteer coordination: sending email communications to volunteers, obtaining volunteer consent forms, address inquiries from volunteers
- Assist with coordinating Korean senior “Meal of Love” program – help coordinator maintain volunteer schedule, collect volunteer mileage reimbursement forms, help organize food distribution centers (when needed), and help screen seniors for the food program eligibility
- Assist with other tasks that may be requested by COVID-19 Rapid Response Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree plus 2 years of experience;
- Bi-lingual in English and Korean required;
- Strong communication skills, including diplomacy and sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable
- individuals and families;
- Reflective capacity on self, relationship with other team members and community
- Good interpersonal and problem resolution skills;
- Flexibility and ability to handle emergency situations.
- Willingness to handle new and evolving duties and roles as needed;
- Accuracy and good attention to detail;
- Computer and database literacy;
- Proficient typing skills;
- The ability to do the same task for long periods of time;
- Experience in data entry preferred;
Compensation and benefits
This is a full time temporary (2-3 months) position. Salary range: $45,000 to $48,000 annualized.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail application. References should be available upon request.